Thursday, February 16, 2012

Things Are Different

There are so many things that are different this year. First, the deployment. That in itself is a HUGE change. Second, we sold our house and moved into an apartment. Third, this is such a strange winter. The temps. are up and the levels of snow are down. Wait...what snow? I'm not usually one for winter, but I really hope next winter acts like winter (especially since we'll be all together again).

I need to take a moment to thank our friends and family for all their support. They are all so great and definitely make life a little easier right now. I appreciate the fact that they don't treat us any differently. They help us continue our day-to-day life as if everything is normal. I guess things are normal, just a different normal.

The boys and I have been working on a list of things we want to do when daddy comes home. We have a good list going and I can't wait until we start crossing items off that list. Some of the things we have listed are going to the zoo, taking a train ride and fishing (for the boys at least). If anyone has other ideas we'd love to hear them! The longer the list the better!

2 comments:

  1. When does your husband come home? If summer time go to valleyfair and if it's winter then there's always a waterpark like the one by moa or in brained! With our deployment coming up we are planning on going to the indoor waterpark soon. Children's museum is always fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An indoor waterpark is a wonderful idea!! I think the Children's museum would be fun too. For some reason I never think about the museum, but they always advertise such fun exhibits. Thank you for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete